PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Folketelling, stem på ditt fedreland..
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2002, 20:52
Flip Flop Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluey,

I think the grand scandihoovian total is around 23 million drunks and the odd sober Swede; Suomi and Islandur included.

It is obvious that this site should have a list towards the British, that is only natural given the off-spring of the site. It does, however, tend to get ever so much topheavy and whilst the moderators are apparently busy visting the cold north, endless drivel is allowed on R&N as long as it fulfills on of the two main criteria; Blighty involvement or RyanAir. To an extent, that is to be expected, but lately it's been ridiculous.

If you can read one, or preferably more, of the scandi languages you would have a better understanding of the tone here. Yes, there is bickering and namecalling here too, but not nearly to the extent seen on other forums, where numerous threads are hijacked. For starters, we ain't never had the displeasure of hosting individuals such as 411A or The Guv.

And back to the thread:

I cannot fail but to notice that we are catching up on fjeldaberne (what's that in English?). I have also noted, that whereas Danmark, Sverige and Norge has all been spelled in their native tongue in the above poll, somehow SkyCod failed to apply the same rules to Suomi and Islandur (is that correct?). I wonder why.

Free The SkyCod