PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2010, 16:59
MidlandDeltic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EI Premier

As someone else stated in this thread, there are around 450,000 people (myself included) currently on the live register who wold kill for a job - even under the (possibly exaggerated) conditions you suggest. And yes, I have worked 12 hour days with limited meal breaks etc in the past.

In my experience of EI (short-haul), they are competant, but not outstanding - but on the runs I had, they had no real need to be as I seldom interact with them, preferring to keep my own counsel.

I see a worrying parallel with BA developing, where (some) CC seem to think themselves outside the realities of the present day. The reality is that if push comes to shove, Mueller will find many possible replacement staff on the job market if he needs to.

Ireland is in severe trouble, and EI can no longer get a government bail out in the face of falling yields. In common with BA etc, they are no longer a flag carrier, and they are no longer a major player. In fact, I foresee the governement being so desperate for cash that their 25% shareholding will soon be for sale - probably at a discount if recent FF performance is anything to go by. Who will buy? I doubt FR would be interested now, so institutional investors, who will want to see a short term return. Then the knives will really come out!

MD