PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VIII
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2010, 13:12
MLiz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OD in Greece

Hello everyone,

I would like to share my experience since I found the info on the forum very, very helpful and would like to give something back. At the OD showed up about 250 people, we had 2 very nice ladies, Christine and Laura, from Greece and Argentina respectively, presenting us the company, the jos, Q/A session, as most of you probably already know. Then CV drop, and back home waiting for a call in the afternoon. I received a call inviting me the next day at 9 AM and receiving a reference number.
We were 50 people in this group and were split into 4 groups. We were given a piece of paper with our first names on it to stick it to our jacket/shirt. The day before we were also told the dress code: girls - business attire, long sleeve shirt,knee length skirt, skin coloured stockings, court shoes with heels but no anckle chain, hair tied back in a bun if longer than shoulder length; boys - business suit, long sleeve shirt also, tie, jacket, freshly shaved.
Then, the first and the second group entered the room and the others waited outside, then the 2 groups came out and the other 2 groups went inside and had the following things to do: we were 10 in a group and the ladies told us that they would like us to ask the person on our right their name and which was their favourite subject at school and why and then present it to the group when they told us. The ladies were calling us one by one to do the reach test and asked us some questions like if we were working at the moment, I was asked the same and if I came all the way from my country only for the OD (of course I said yes - because it's the truth). Anyway, after that topic, we had a group discussion: we were asked to do the following - keep an item of the emirates uniform and change two both for men and women, then they choose a boy and a girl to present the ideas. We said we would keep the hat for women since it's linked to tradition and change the suit into a dress (with jacket) and have the jacket border with the colours of the UAE flag; for men we agreed to keep the tie and to put the emirates symbol on it and change the shirt colour into a light green. The boy presenting the ideas was very funny, he forgot about the item we agreed to keep and said that we would keep the trousers...everybody laughed, of course..but well, we had many ideas and maybe he could not remember.
All four groups were called inside to receive the piece of paper that told us if we were successful to the next stage or not. I passed it. After that at 11:30 a second group of 50 people showed up. We were asked to come back at 13:30. They did the same with the second group. The topic were changed, obviously.
After that, we had an English test and at that stage half of us were left, so about 50 people took the English test (easy one - multiple choice, match words with definition,text comprehension and an essay with the topic "Three aspects of your personality you want to improve."). We had 60 minutes, I finished it in 35-40 minutes. Again, I received the congratulations paper. I was not surprised since the test was easy. About 10-15 people failed and they told them they should work on their English. After that followed another group discussion we were again split in 4 groups. Mine had 10 people, I guess each had 10, so we were like 40 people left. The topic: we had 2 wealthy investors and we were supposed to create a sitcom - we had to say what kind of sitcom, storyline, actors and the name of the sitcom. Each person was asked to read loud a sentence of the instruction paper given. We had 10 minutes to talk, they said we were to speak one at a time. I was looking to the paper and I was stuck...nobody said anything, then seeing that, I asked: What is a sitcom? I didn't know if it is an advertisement, a type of movie..what was that? Some said "good question", but well we were all kind of stucked, then we figured out what a sitcom is (situational comedy - tv series like "Friends"), and some came with ideas, I listened and memorized, I was sure I will be asked to present something since I did not talk too much, only agreed with others ideas. And I was asked to say what kind of actors we would choose.
I passed this stage also meaning I was chosen for the final interview. 22 people were chosen for the FI. There are 3 days for the FI. Started On monday and it ends today. My final interview was yesterday, I would like to think it was ok, we'll see if I receive the GC.
Some FI questions:
Tell me about your favourite course at the university and why (since I haven't worked before the most questions were focused on situations encountered at the university, or on the relation with my close friends and relatives).
Tell me about one time you saw somebody was in need and what did you do about it.
The famous question: why do you want to become a cabin crew?
People you dislike talking to.
A situation when somebody didn't follow the procedures. What did you do about it?
A time when you had to make a decision, waht were the consequences?
When you followed somebody's advice. Have you had results?
When you surprised somebody making them a better day.
Why do you think people don't follow procedures?
And a lot more, but these came to my mind now. I hope this will help, I know it's long, but I tried not to miss anything important. If you have questions you are free to ask. Good luck to all!!!