PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easterlies at EGLL today
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2010, 12:59
pax britanica

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts
Hi
Having had the scenic tour of N London, Herts bucks and almost Oxfordshire yesterday coming into LHRas PAx I was very interested to read this explanation of why the delays occured.
It seems to me that LHR operates on two levels , operational people who run the airport: atcos, pilots, ground ops drivers and the airline ops folks and then in another group the HAL managers who think they run the airport but actually get in the way of the running of the airport .

This sadly is very common across the UK at the moment with a whole mangement class obsessed with processes and best practice because they cannot understand how something works in practice because they have no actual experience of it.

Much as I moan about the inadequacies of LHR I have the greatest respect for all of you who make it work at all given its inadequate size, lack of proper investment and seemingly stupid corporate management. I am afraid you are not alone with this situation and it maybe part of the reason why we are not the country we once were.

Rant over and thanks again to the powers that be at PP and the contributors who let interested users like me have glimpse of how you fols keep it all running