PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 13th Oct 2010, 11:12
Snas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This whole ST issue is indeed a complex one. On the one had I really don’t like the principle of strikers being punished, any, in any company, it potentially sets a rather nasty president. On the other however this particular group of individuals (BASSA) have done exactly nothing to help themselves or more importantly the members they were elected to represent and I can’t manage to generate any sympathy for them at all.

It was all downhill from the decision not to negotiate and then the 12 days announcement located the final nail. Somewhat foolish tactics at the very least.

I certainly know some members of cabin crew that are VERY opposed to the idea of ST being reinstated in any way. It’s going to be a great struggle on all sides to resolve a gulf of that scale.

Whatever happens one group or another are not going to be happy. Will BA chose to make the strikers or the non-strikers happy I wonder?

I suspect BA will try to disregard such considerations and will opt for the path that’s commercially the most sensible, whatever that may be – which could of course be argued is also be best for its employees and their long term employment and remuneration.

I know I’ve failed to sell ST return to the CC I know in any shape, I trust (and suspect) that Mr Walsh has a better argument at the ready if it does get returned.