PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 13th Oct 2010, 10:57
Juan Tugoh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Litebulbs

It would be a compromise agreement
This, I think, is spot on the money. It will be a compromise - what yet remains to be seen is what UNITE/BASSA are willing to give up in order to "buy" full return of ST.

There has been an impasse for many months with both sides having an entrenched position. Both sides will have to give up something in order to gain a solution. It is clear what UNITE/BASSA want BA to give up - full ST, what remains shrouded in mystery is what more BA wants from the union and what the union is prepared to give way on.

The details of any proposed settlement will be fascinating. I suspect that there will not be a full return of ST - at least not at first, a phased return wrapped in guarantees may happen, but, I suspect, BA will be very wary of giving away anything that could be spun as a big victory for BASSA.

The ST issue is too big an issue, too much a cause celebre to be given away lightly. BASSA will have to buy full ST back at great cost if they want full return and I suspect the cost would be too great foe BASSA to stomach - UNITE may feel differently. As I said the deal will be fascinating.