PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India Near Death Incident
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2010, 05:30
TopTup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Casper...Glad to be of entertainment to you! And granted that you are right in many aspects of "get over it" I suppose. But I will also admit to my fury and disgrace at the Mangalore accident. All the Swiss cheese slices were lined and some have the audacity to say "Who saw this coming?". And the first comment from the airline? "Blame the expat!" If the airline, the regulator and other world governing bodies did their jobs would lives have been lost? Moot point to some.....but I believe no. So yes, I do post often on this (AI) topic in an attempt to open peoples' eyes to what really goes on at that disgrace of an airline.

"Mad ranting"? Enjoy your next AI / AIE experience then and ignore me. What would I know? I only hope you are as lucky as you need to be.

Capt Turbo: what a stupid, stupid, dumb and irresponsible reply. So it is OK to have 175 hr pilots in the RHS of 777's who cannot hand fly an aircraft let alone appreciate V1 as he/she was never taught or the professionalism to self study, arrogant and rude Capts unable to interpret aircraft systems or raw data displays for basic situational awareness? In your eyes, those standards are OK because world trade and the lowest common denominator permits it? You claim to be an Airbus TRI / TRE. So you deem this standard as acceptable because it is the norm in such carriers as AI? I resigned (not redundant) as my conscience dictated, based on these standards. Do you (by some admission) cower down to them? No, airlines like AI and other such carriers are not banned. That is the problem and the disgrace. You however seem to think this is OK. You want to play politics with safety, standards and therefore people's lives.

Naive? Nah. Scared and horrified at the acceptance, or denial of what goes on? Definitely.