PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To PR or not to PR
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2002, 18:04
Talking Radalt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At risk of sounding terribly blase about the whole security thing, are "those people" really so devoid of common sense that they can't and won't get the same info from other sources beyond our control?
Picture the scene, large smoking hole where a GR1 used to be, pair of dashingly good looking aviator types wandering around near said hole looking slightly dazed still attached to a British made parachute, British kit, eccentric moustaches.
You don't need to be Einstein to work out who they are and what they were doing there, even if they have managed to "evade" for a few days.
I really do believe the whole "they're out there watching us" argument is very blinkered, especially when you consider some of the other holes in fence that need plugging.
I wouldn't disagree for one second that these agencies do exist and are active all the time, but to think NOT appearing on TV or in the press (whilst having your personal career profile printed in the Air Force List) is somehow going to grind their Int machine to an untimely halt is well, wishful thinking.
Whilst giving them information on a plate might make life easy for them, not giving it to them isn't going to make it any harder, except on yourself perhaps ("Baldrick! The cocker spaniel please!.....")
And as for giving "them" a so-called lever, the only lever people like that use is also employed in baseball.
Anyway there are ways to give the press what they want without compromsing personal or general security.........which is not a dirty word Blackadder.

Go on, call me a fool but it'll be my knackers in the vice not yours and I'll deal with that one at the time.