PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kenya Airways Hiring
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2010, 17:52
SlatsINOP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kenya airways requirements

@ Ndege 5Y
well lets see if i can answer most of your questions.

1.Kenya airways hires pilots from any flying school in the world.if you look at their pilots you will find that they are pooled from various flying schools in S.A but there is a tendency for most to come from 43 and the other recognized schools.i know a couple of them from SAFTA and FTS.

2.I would say 43 in south africa because this is where they take their ab initio pilots,well known schools in the UK like oxford and RMIT in australia.

3.I cannot say that they have a preference for Wilson trained pilots or foreign trained but what i can say is that it doesn't really matter where you train essentially to get into KQ. let me explain.
"The interview process in KQ is not one of the simplest that you will typically come across,they give everyone an equal opportunity and if you are up to the standard that they require,then you are taken if not you are tossed out regardless of what flying school that you went to.it is purely based on aptitude,knowledge and individual skill which is the norm in the industry"

4. The first Ab Initio program trainees were taken to Ethiopia and i believe another group was taken to ethiopia some years back so yes they do have pilots trained there.Do they hire pilots trained in Ethiopia.Well number 3 should answer that.

5.No preference for CPL or frozen ATPL.The basic CPL/Multi IR should be enough to get recruited to the airline.

6. If i remember right the minimum is 250 Hours with Multi/IR combination

and good grades ofcourse.

KEEP THE BLUE UP!