PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 12th Oct 2010, 16:57
nononsense frank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you MissM for your response but I still think you are deliberately being obstinate about the whole thing, although you know deep inside that you are backing a lost cause.

I also think that you are directing too much hatred towards your non-striker colleagues and vcc's regardless of their reasons for not joining the strike, i.e. they are not Bassa members, or if they are, they realised early on that the strike was not necessary. I understand that you are not happy with the way some of your colleagues voted "yes" in the previous IA ballot but when it came to the actual strike, they buckled. However, (correct me if I am wrong) didn't Bassa at the time advised everyone to just vote yes to "send a strong message to management (WW)" and that they (Bassa) didn't think it will come to an actual strike?

You seem to be an intelligent person judging from your posts so I do not believe that you do not understand the real reason why there are so many of your colleagues who disagree with you and Bassa. Don't you think enough is enough, and that there's no use throwing good money after bad?

It is now time to cut losses and be grateful that at least you are still able to do the job you like and that's more important. Let go of the hatred MissM and you will find that everything will fall into its proper place.

Lastly, I wish the whole CC community peace and contemplate on the SERENITY PRAYER to guide you.

SERENITY PRAYER
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I could not change, the courage to change what I can, and the wisdom to know the difference...