PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any recruitment likely at Easy?
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2010, 16:11
pilotsince99

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
I agree here with 'NSF' and 'BITMORERIGHTRUDDER' . A DEC that has never flown the operation in the kind that easyjet is doing might have a lot of struggle going online with easyjet, especially if he has been flying long haul for the last 20 year.
It would take a lot more training than training some of the SFO's who are used to the whole operation, aircraft etc.
Second, those that say, what if you would be made redundant and can't find a job as a captain you would think diffirently.
My answer would be what if you are the SFO and you are being bypassed by another DEC because he is on the so called eternal senority list after you have done 10 years in the company. It is all perspective and which side you are on. It is very unfortunate that people are being made redundant, but you can't expect airlines to give you all the loyalty, rewards etc that someone has build up to someone who has not flown a day in the company.

I agree that experience is nowadays not being recognised within airlines when it comes down to recruitment and I sincerly hope that that will change. But there has to be limit in how far you will go and my limit would be disadvantaging the staff in your own airline.