PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Just Started ATPL writtens
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2002, 15:56
fcom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did it all inside 6 mths with lots of resits and I went to the wire on the last attempt. I wouldnt recomend doing it my way but time was of the escence and I nearly blew it. What I did find beneficial was the type of questions they were asking, and a set pattern emerged as to what areas were not being tested . Navigation for example is no big shakes just plenty of whirly wheel stuff and the plot is a breeze. Instruments was mainly electrical and Mach number, a 4 page revision sheet I came across covered 40% of the exam questions. Air law is tricky so u better read all of that as with Ops procedures. I found Princ.of flt. the hardest of the lot with the feedback not helping a great deal,make sure you know supersonic flt inside and out. Strangely not many questions about Jet engines in AGK. Radio aids seemed to have a lot about satellites and then just the usual run of the mill stuff. Met can be tricky if the paper was set by some git that spent most of his life on an alp and he may ask what the weather is like between 3-4am if there is a hooley blowing from the south west of his barn,very few if any questions on climatology. Flight planning is a straight forward if you've flown airways before. Personally I struggled with the techs so my advice is get all the big ones out of the way first, Instruments, Met, Princ.of flt, Nav,AGK,and in my case Air Law. There is lots of it and as long as they hav'nt changed the exam format this may be of help .Good luck.