PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 70 Years Grounded
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2010, 10:39
Hugh Jarse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I've had a couple of interesting experiences with DAMEs and CASA.

The first one was my initial pilot medical back in the early 80's. I'd never really been sick, so never saw the point in frequenting the doctors surgery. Suffice to say he found something which, while not excluding me from holding a Class 1 Medical, did require prompt treatment, and as I was to find out later, saved my life.

My first run-in with CASA was about 10 years later following a medical with a certain 'flamboyant' Sydney 'ex Empire Test Pilot' DAME. While he wasn't man enough to ask me more than some very basic questions regarding some obvious surgical scarring I had, he found it quite reasonable to make notes on my renewal form (behind my back) which scared CASA off renewing it until I had jumped through their not inconsiderable hoops (and gone through quite a bit of grief) getting medical reports stating I had been in remission for 8 years.

The second was over an ECG quite a few years later which, due to departmental stupidity, and a lack of communication within CASA's medical department led me to believe that I had heart problems (according to their rubber desk Johnny). What they were really trying to say is that they only send their ECG's away to the Cardiologist ONCE A MONTH, and that sometimes there can be a backlog, especially if he is on holidays.

Once a month???? For god sake, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER, CASA!

As you can see, I have neither respect nor confidence in CASA Medical.

Google: Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma

Last edited by Hugh Jarse; 12th Oct 2010 at 10:46. Reason: Sorting