PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any recruitment likely at Easy?
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2010, 09:28
Dr Eckener

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE]When you talk of free movement of labour, that assumes a constant size labour market that never changes from year to year/QUOTE]

No it doesn't.

[QUOTE] would suggest 5 things - aptitude, training, knowledge, skill and experience/QUOTE]

The very things that a merit based system can promote.

[QUOTE] It makes no allowance for aircraft type experience, regional flying, long haul etc or for extensive periods of not working due company bankruptcy, having children, loss of licence and so forth/QUOTE]

Your seniority system certainly does not make allowances for this. Any redundancy means 'go back to Old Kent Road'!

[QUOTE]Any concept of a 'master seniority list' assumes that at age 22 you get a number that guides you throughout the rest of your career/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? I never suggested replacing one rubbish system with another rubbish system. I am talking about MERIT. This has nothing to do with golf clubs or starry eyes over curries by the way. I completely agree with the Major. Your views are naive, perhaps even paranoid.

[QUOTE]so that it can be determined if they have the basic minimum experience to hold a command/QUOTE]

Glad to hear that EJ are not interested in the best people for the job, merely those who can just about step up to the mark. No wonder you are always late.

How does your seniority system help all those within (or more appropriately without) your company, on flexi contracts etc. I assume they have no seniority, and are therefore nothing more than second class citizens in your eyes.

The Major is right about your self serving approach, and I fear it is not worth having the argument. I can only hope that your seniority system keeps you stuck where you are, eating crap sandwiches until retirement comes.