PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India Near Death Incident
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2010, 09:24
TopTup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While none of us can categorically prove that the said clearance was or was not given it cannot be in the realms of "unbelievable" whenever we are discussing "Incredible India"! Pilots yelled at / abused by ATC, ATC being yelled at / abused by pilots are all part of the norm. Cracked me up every time I requested verification of a clearances due the uncomprehensionable RT from ATC......."I am telling you!!!!"

You doubting Thomas' still don't believe us, eh? See below:

ATC asks pilot to 'shut up', triggers mid-air spat

Recently (if my memory is correct) a Capt of an AIE aircraft told BOM SFC to "f$&k off!" when she was given a delayed slot clearance / expected taxi time. (See Sth East Asia forum for where I saw this.....)

Capt Turbo: expecting 1st World standards in aviation of a 3rd World airline entering 1st World airspace is not a desire, it is a necessity.

We keep making excuses for these fools of aviation. The body in charge (DGCA) is known by all to be as corrupt as all hell. Don't tell me the FAA, JAA or ICAO play Sergeant Schultz..."I know nothing! I see nothing! I hear nothing!"

So why did this event (supposedly) occur anyway? A complete lack of [Aircraft] Situational Awareness, flying skills and aircraft knowledge perhaps? Argue what you will about automation, who's manhood is bigger, but the fact remains that this goes on and the body responsible does nothing about it. [For the record, I believe it did happen. You can't have experienced Scair India and not find it all too plausible].

Last edited by TopTup; 12th Oct 2010 at 09:34.