PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canada may pull troops from Dubai base
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2010, 07:04
pool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not a friend of any of these childish tactics. I thought the Middle Easterners were masters of double standards and bullying, but the North Americans really reach new lows when they join into that game instead of convincing others of their own highly proclaimed values of free trade.

Remember the American argumenting and rhethorics about the Airbus/Boeing offers for a tanker? Pure protectionism.

Now the Canadians join in protecting their cr*ppy airline. Try it with matching competition, as you always proclaim!

I wonder what we would read if a huge order for regional jets from Brasil or Japan would be on the table and Bombardier would be excluded from competing due to "national asset interests".......

As long as AC could fly into the UAE with as many flights as they want, a restriction for UAE carriers to Canada or any other place is ridiculous if set up in the name of consumer interests. If the argument is unfair advantage of economic conditions, then stop buying from any low cost country, especially China, or face double standard indictment.

Again, I am no friend of the local proceedings, but a tit for tat puts one in the very same low corner.