PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - jumpseat etiquette
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2010, 04:44
LongTimeInCX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
404 Titan,
I see your point and as a JS user, I too would find that somewhat selfish and rather frustrating to boot.
However having been the Capt of similar flights with individuals holding multiples, part of the problem has an easy solution: after a number of days where the individual is noted as having more than one J1 or J2, an email is sent reminding them of a 'possible oversight' and giving them the chance to declare which one they want. I have found this normally results in the surplus JS's being cancelled by the applicant. However, where I see the groupwise has been opened, but not actioned within a reasonable time frame, I simply delete them from the JS and slide everyone else up a place. Simple.

DanWinterland,
Sorry to hear you are not getting a fair reciprocity from our other skippers, but of the requests I have received from KA crew, they have always been actioned and granted, except for one, for which an email was sent. From hearsay, I didn't think I was in the minority.

As for thanks, approx 80-90% of cabin crew never turn up for the flight according to the PIL's I have checked. Of the cockpit crew to whom a JS has been released, I find most still stick their head in to say thanks, not that it is expected or needed, but perhaps we are just an old fashioned courteous lot to our own colleagues.

As for mangers(sic), I can not recall ever granting a JS to one, not sure why...