PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - jumpseat etiquette
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2010, 01:04
Mr. Bloggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don’t care really if they say thanks or not but a drop by the cockpit would be nice.

What does bother me is Staff traveling on Company Business requesting the jumpseat. If there were some way I can distinguish between the two, Staff on Company Business would never see the jumpseat. They should be booked with a seat in the back.

That is why only Pilots get J1 and then Sim Instructors/Engineers/Cabin Crew get J1if no pilots need it.

Very rarely I give J1 to other Staff, as it is hard to see if they are on Company Business.

I have had Ground Staff ask at the gate for Staff traveling on company business for the use of the jumpseat. Even then (I ask) there is no way of knowing if there are staff traveling on staff travel trying to get the jumpseat. Ground Staff will try to get Company Business on before someone traveling on priority 26 on leave (can you get anywhere on priority 26?).

Right or wrong, that is the way I do it.

BTW, if you need the flight crew to help you not to get screwed over by our ground staff, drop a note to the Captain/First Officer/Second Officer on the day (either text, note at dispatch, phone call etc) so at least we know you are out there.