PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best Ground School Thread '09 -'11 (Merged)
Old 11th Oct 2010, 22:33
Slipstream86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Theres a nice CPL school based in clould 9 they will pay for your CPL and they will pay you £1200 per month while your training, I can understand if this offer isnt good as there are more schools offering better terms. Please be careful about which option you take as your a pilot and theres a massive shortage of pilots on cloud 9.
Congratulations on a shockingly poor first post Turbine Singh

I am looking at CPL school's and would like people's thoughts on the area's listed below:

1. Standard of aircraft (age of a/c and up to date avionics)
2. Professionalism of staff (from receptionist to MD and including your instructor) - I cant be doing with the instructor shouting and balling all the time. A good working relationship in a must.
3. Any extra's included? (such as landing fee's, planning etc)
4. Any special offer's on accomodation etc and other facilities such as canteen/cafe.
5. Cost (I don't want my eye's taken out) and location in the UK

Thanks for your thoughts.
I think that they're all sensible concerns, but if it was me, I'd go down to each school in person, have a nose round and meet the guys there.

I've yet to see a decent thread on here addressing a comparison between different FTO's for a particular course. I guess most CPL holders will have completed their course at a single school only, so the basis for such a comparison just isn't there.

I like the look of Stapleford for CPL. Seems to get good reviews on here

Best of luck