PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 70 Years Grounded
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2010, 21:55
Frank Arouet

Location: dans un cercle dont le centre est eveywhere et circumfernce n'est nulle part
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To many in the aviation industry, the only contact they have with the medical profession is at renewal time and this is generally seen as an effective way to force people to have a checkup. Much is advertised about annual checkup's on various mediums and indeed, the medical insurance company's provide for annual inspections. Mine even includes a dental check, physiotherapy, acupuncture, optical etc. etc.

To claim your condition was diagnosed at the DAME surgery puts that pilot in the catagory of a danger to himself because he hasn't the will nor perceived need to carry out a regular maintenance programme on his own body.

He stands to be a problem to himself and his passengers whether on the road, in the air or on the water because he can't understand the principle of preventative maintenance includes one's own health.

Just another example of the reasoning behind the bureaucrats in Canberra believing pilots can't be trusted to do anything without being forced to do so. After all they are all suspected terrorists, drug takers and alcoholics, so why should they be allowed to look after their own health?

Death is nature's way of telling you to slow down. I'd prefer to have a bit of notice to put my affairs in order if I don't have the option of dropping off in my sleep. I'm sure the passengers would agree.