PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 11th Oct 2010, 21:26
Colonel White

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should we be offered a proposal which is better than what was offered to non-union members this summer I do think that they should not be offered it. Why? Because the proposal would be the result of our industrial action, which many of us participated in. They didn't and should therefore not benefit from it. You can't have the cake and eat it too. It's not up to me of course but that's my opinion and I can assure you that many happen to agree with me.
An interesting proposition. So presumably Miss M you would wish to dismantle the NSP agreements as well as they cover union and non-union members alike. Beware, this could lead to a very dangerous situation for cabin crew. It sounds like you wish to abandon the notion of collective bargaining altogether. This enables BA management to play one group of cabin crew off against another. You would have no visibility of what pay offers BA management might make to the non-union workforce. By fragmenting the pay bargaining in this way you are undoing over 40 years of hard one union effort. BA management would love to have what you propose. Talk about divide and rule. And I thought you BASSA folk were supposed to be pretty clued up on negotiating with management.