PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atfm Exempt Status
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2010, 11:23
oct

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
atfm exempt

Thanks for the advice back seat p1.

Maybe a starting block would be to look and see if this is true accross the other Air Ambulance UK operators. A starting point is to look at EGTE, EGTK or smaller operators/charter companies out of EGTF and other airfields.

We pulled 150 flight plans this morning as you suggested. All from the airfields you thought might help. Only one operator files 100% ATFM exempt on all their flight plans. As I am not trying to discredit any company I will not mention the airfield they operate from. My rant if you would like to call it that is the rules are there for everyone to operate too. If one operator decides they don't apply to them and they abuse the system then it makes it harder for others, including the airports, air traffic and other operators who are trying to operate professionally within the system. Every one makes mistakes and that is fine, but don't try to defend a complete lack of understanding or ignorance to the rules because you don't think they apply to this company or any other.