PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any recruitment likely at Easy?
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2010, 09:57
Dan 98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your first sentence sadly says it all " Experience does not mean anything anymore!"

At least at the level of moving up from your first job or moving from TP to Jet or even in my case from Jet to another Jet!!

The sad truth is as much as it pains me to write this:

As a low houred cadet willing to pay for a TR and work for less than an experienced pilot the airline gets what it wants. An F/O who'll fly the plane under the watchful eye of an experienced Capt who'll hopefully save the day if it all goes wrong.

What would the airline (Easyjet) in this case gain by employing me for instance??? I am 36, married / Children with a large Mortgage so wouldn't /couldn't work for £25k a year and from different bases. I have 1500+hrs on a 737 so would take less training and have some experience etc... but they don't care because paying me £45k a year over the cadet doesn't make them any more money.

I won't get the plane there quicker or make them more money by me flying over a low hour cadet. The conversation might be a bit more interesting for the Capt and my landing might be consistently better (don't count on it!!) But 99.9999999% of the time it simply doesn't matter and th people in the back don't know, they save money and get the same outcome for half the cost. Like i say it guts me to write it and it is so frustrating that experience actually now disadvantages you from getting a job.....

Had this conversation yesterday with a guy whois in banking in the City. I said it would be like your bank employing people straight out of University into middle / high management roles. It wouldn't happen he said because if we did that we wouldn't make any money, we know if we pay more for the right person we'll make more £££££! Hence why aviation is the way it is and for the forseeable future because CTC will provide a low cost option that most of the time gives an acceptable outcome.

B*gger!!