PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates vs. Air Canada
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2010, 09:47
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it's weirder - and quite sad - that you have a hatred for your home country, it's elected government, and it's major airline to the point that you'd rather declare your loving support for a dictatorship and it's airline. Care about your own interests above all else, much? Bitter ex-AC pilot, much?

No one said the negots team was being bullied or expelled, but it seems to be just about a foregone conclusion that the military is being expelled. And if trying to leverage one unrelated favour against another isn't a definition of bullying I don't know what is. I guess when the Canadians are based elsewhere that will satisfy your need of proof of expulsion? Or will you just blame Harper? God how Canadian, to whine and blame the government.

You make it sound like increased rights for Canada to fly to the UAE in return for increased rights for the UAE to fly to Canada is an equitable agreement!! ROTFLMAO! WHERE are these Canadian carriers clamouring for such rights?! Oh yeah, there AREN'T any! When you're negotiating for something you want, shouldn't you offer something the other country wants?! But I guess if they actually did, they wouldn't have to resort to using a military base as a bargaining chip.

Read this slowly: there isn't a market in Dubai for Canadian carriers like there is in Canada for Emirates. Dubai is a hub, not a destination. The UAE is demanding feed for a hub and offering access to a spoke in return. That's the simplest I can put it.

Yes, I do concede that there could be room for a niche flight by AC or whomever for a YYZ-DXB flight to service the miniscule percentage of pax for whom the UAE is an end destination. In spite of 27,000 sounding like a large number, it is NEGLIGIBLE compared to the millions and millions of transit pax. And those 27,000 do have options, TODAY. Maybe you can't hop a standby flight as often as you'd like. But allowing Emirates to drop its capacity into Canada just because it had the hubris to order a zillion 380's isn't my idea of the solution.

It's clear that you define all issues by how much money you can make overseas versus in Canada. Like I said, bitter much?