PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canada may pull troops from Dubai base
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2010, 09:00
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wowwww...quick six7driver, wipe some of the spittle off corners of your mouth, your eyes are starting to roll back into their sockets!! lol

I don't have to like, respect, or agree with the entity that employs me, or the country that I live in. I give them precisely the same amount of those qualities as I receive from them. It's that "free will" you mention. I'm not sure the concept is quite so familiar in the Middle East though.

Don't speak to me of the "good will of the people of the UAE", it's a complete lie. We work here for their benefit and the fact that it may benefit us as well as a side effect is completely irrelevant. The millisecond expat workers are not needed, they will be discarded. It is a mindset that still believes slavery is acceptable, dressed up just enough with money and perks to lure the bare minimum they need to make the money they crave. The true fool is one who actually believes the platitudes about being a "guest". If you really believe that EK employs you because they care about you feeding your children (silly rhetoric) I feel pity for you.

I'll just skip the bizarre rant about the Americans and the Canadian troops, I think you embarrassed yourself enough already. Suffice to say that I highly doubt you are privy to the costs of military basings hither or yon...but even if it cost more to base elsewhere, do you not realize that sometimes there is a cost to standing up to blackmailers? Does that principle really require explanation? You've been too long in the sand, you've gone native and think that that's actually a legitimate way of doing business. Diplomatic savvy? You mean like using a military base as leverage for airline rights? Bang-up job, AMBASSADOR!

You toss numbers around. Are those 27,000 Canadians in the Gulf really struggling to get back to Canada? Is the DXB-YYZ flight the only option? Give me a break. And 30 million Canadians in Canada would gain financially from Emirates having increased access? Of course in a general sense the public always gains when there is more choice, but I think you're overstating the benefits to the Canadian public. As it stands there are MULTIPLE options for travel between the two countries. Just because it isn't as cheap, convenient or frequent as YOU would like, you throw the toys out of the pram.

You trot out the tired out "if you don't like it, leave"...as if liking something is the only factor in being somewhere. How do you know I'm not happy? I'm ecstatic that that at least some of my fellow Canadians are getting to leave this place, I'll be even happier when Canada pulls out of Afghanistan, and I look forward to the day when the gear sucks up for the last time outta here.

All in all, life is good and getting better. Don't let your hatred of Canada and Air Canada consume you. (Were you a RP on the '67 perchance?)