PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 tailstrike after radalt failures
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2010, 06:15
SKS777FLYER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay, so if you know the AB really well, you're more likely to arrive in similar condition as you left. I keep reading accident reports here and there, they start to run together, but sure read my fill of Normal Law, Alternate Law, Direct Law and rapid changes from one mode to the next, apparently overwhelming even the most rootin-tootin, knowledgable pilots... lets say stall protection "practice" in the landing pattern for one example.
And which Airbus incident/ crash was the one where bogus flight recorders were turned over to authorities???
How about Captain Sully of supreme aviator skill....he tried to command the aircraft to trade a little more energy to lessen his rate of descent in the final few feet of flare.... but OH NO Captain, the magic computer here won't allow you to finesse the last few feet of your flight, for it knows better than you the energy state of the airplane.... yes a successful outcome, but had Sully been permitted to actually fully command the controls.....

Curious about the tailstrike aircraft of this thread... Is it one of the AB that makes throttle movements, but doesn't bother to actually move the levers on the flight deck? I am not saying it has anything to do with the incident, just wondering.