PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canada may pull troops from Dubai base
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2010, 05:44
six7driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is tragically funny how so many of my fellow Canadian's on this forum act and sound just like the minority of belligerent people in this part of the world that they so self righteously despise. Remember the likes of all of you, that you came to this part of the world of your own free will.

Criticism of the management staff and certain company practices at EK is understandable, but the utter self loathing you all have for your company is a shameful embarrassment to Canadians like me who have our disagreements with some company practices and those who enforce them, but who understand that in the end, that it is through the good will of the people in the UAE that I am allowed to feed my children and give my family a future here at EK.

If you hate the UAE my fellow Canadians THEN LEAVE, believe me there are many more Canadians with much more class who would take your place without a moments hesitation... is that tough for you to swallow..grow up, I can't believe with some of your infantile attitudes that you are allowed at the controls of large commercial aircraft.

How pathetic that a comic barb from the greatest contributors to Canadian peace and economic prosperity, our good neighbors to the south, is treated in such an confrontational and tasteless manner. But this also explains your attitudes about EK. Funny thing is that most of you even fly a Boeing! you who have posted pictures of our men and women in uniform should be ashamed, how many other countries have made sacrifices in Afghanistan?? You know the answer, it's been many from Europe to Asia, and even many more from Australia.

The US "misadventure" as you call it was fully supported by Mr. Harper and company, so maybe you should send your posted pictures to him instead, if you want make so clear, what we all know. The US is our ally, but our mission in Afghanistan was undertaken by the will of Prime minister Steven Harper and government. Not all Canadians agree with the mission, but we all love and support our men and women and uniform and grieve for their loss, if you don't believe it that's your problem.

THE FACT IS

It is Steven Harper and government who are to blame for the putrid state of relations between the UAE and Canada. Collectively they have have shown the diplomatic savy of a ten year old. Supported by the corporate lobby of Air Canada, they have ironically dug their heads in the sand, and lost a diplomatic opportunity to serve Canadians both at home and abroad once again.

27000 Canadians living in the UAE!!, a military base that offered a secure and beneficial staging base for our troops!!, and this MORONIC government fails to secure it's continuity by putting the commercial interests of AIR CANDA and the STAR ALLIANCE first!!!!! well done fools!!! but I guess the likes of many of you who post so regularly agree with the sound logic that with only 27000 Canadians living in the UAE one daily flight is enough. Of course this is what that most impartial and wise body Transport (Air) Canada thinks. Of course who cares that almost 30 million Canadians don't work for Air Canada and actually have something to gain economically from letting the UAE have better access to Canada's airline market. I guess we have more to gain from our relationship to HOLLAND who gets unfettered access and flights to all Canada!!, and we get access to Amsterdam!!! well done HARPER AND COMPANY YOU ARE UTTER FOOLS.

Oh and by the way our fellow Canadians at home will be paying much higher rent for newer basing options in Europe or Central Asia which means more tax, wise business planning from a savy pro business government.

Finally fatbus, nothinholdem and company would take your broken record and LEAVE...YES PLEASE LEAVE, (strangely enough I think I've heard this time and time again on this forum) go elsewhere or better yet go home and be happy for god sake! you'll live longer and have better sex. LOL.

That's enough time wasted on the professional whining forum...

lol

peace out.

six

PS fatbus, nothinholdem, ek haters et al, don't bother posting a reply, your hateful ignorance is already well noted.