PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2010, 04:19
drareg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ supersonicgazoom: If you manage to get into RSAF with your current height of 1.63m and clear their requirements. I don't see why you can't enter SIA in the future! All the best in the RSAF. It'll definately look good on your resume to have been a pilot with the RSAF before joining SIA. But that doesn't mean SIA would want to recurit you with that experience. You'll still have to do well for the interviews.

Work hard and don't think of dropping out/getting rejected from RSAF training so that you can enter SIA before 26. Instead work hard and complete your bond with the RSAF then start thinking about joining commercial.

There are no guarantees that if you do get rejected from RSAF half way thru, SIA will take you in before 26. I believe it's a rumour. PM me if you require more info.

@ Soaring Ahead: Sorry to read about your situation. Let me share with you what I know. Medical at ST Aeromedical should take around 1 week to clear. Then we can call them to check on your medical status.

It's surprising that you recieve a rejection email when you only went for medical last Friday. I don't think it has got to do with your medical that you failed. But I could be wrong. Maybe those guys at ST Aeromedical were working hard over the weekends?! but medical results don't come back so fast.

I'm not going to speculate why you failed to clear even though you got selected to go to medical. Maybe you can give ST Aeromedical a call. That might help satisfy your query. Let me know if you need more info.