PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2010, 03:23
supersonicgazoom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is SIA strict about Minimum height

Hi,

I'm really interested in joining SIA in the future. I feel I definitely have what it takes to be a pilot. I've looked at the minimum requirements and I meet everything except the minimum height of 1.65m.

Is SIA strict regarding this? From what I hear, most airlines put a minimum height but they are not strict about it. As long as your limbs are able to reach whatever is needed it should not be a problem?

I am 1.63m so I only fall short of 2cm. I've also seen several pilots that are shorter than me. I'm Singaporean, uni grad, eyesight only 150 degrees so everything else seems to be ok. Is SIA strict regarding being short of just 2cm?

Right now I'm trying to be a fighter pilot with RSAF. I passed COMPASS and the interview and medical. Waiting to enlist. Does this boost my chances of joining SIA in the future? Will the further I get with fighter pilot training boost my chances with SIA in the future?

Oh and from what I hear, the minimum age of 26 does not apply to RSAF rejects. If I get rejected by RSAF somewhere down the training, I'll apply to SIA immediately. Does this affect my application in any way?

Thanks