PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London Metropolitan University
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2010, 20:45
rriisshhii

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm currently in Phase A of the 'new' London Met ATPL course. By 'new', I mean in a different building.

6 weeks into the course, I can tell you that it is intense, but the majority of the subject matter is not too difficult. The difficulty lies in the sheer volume of information you have to assimilate in such a short space of time, and according to others on later courses, the first Phase is the lightest in terms of load.

Phase A consists of 3 subjects: AGK, PoF and Performance. The 4 lecturers for these respective subjects are excellent, and have a wealth of knowledge and experience between them. I have yet to fault them. Each will have their own teaching methods, and not all will be able to adapt to them but the lecturers are very accommodating.

The social aspect is good; the building is in a very nice part of London with plenty of pubs to go to on a Friday afternoon. Although the lecturers do seem to favour the Minories. Having said that, my social life has become almost non-existent. It's necessary to take a break from the daily 2-3 hours of revision that is expected, but not so much as to be detrimental to your studies.

This sounds all well and good but I may very well retract all praise for London Met if I fail the first phase