PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2010, 19:42
bjones4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had two flights with easyJet in the last few weeks, and on both occasions the catering has been exhausted on the outbound leg leaving only the scraps for those returning.

A320 LGW to ACE on the 23rd (When the French downed tools), our flight was nearly 4hr late out of Gatwick, about two thirds through the first service (the trolleys hadn't met in the middle) we were told that they had run out of all hot food, as well as fresh sandwiches, there was no pepsi left (this was being given out as complimentary due to the delay), and they had run out of JD, Whiskey and a few other bits. That meant those who had a similar delay to ourselves coming home had next to nothing to purchase on board, and while they could have eaten in the airport, Arrecife is incredibly expensive when it comes to food - I would have personally held out until onboard in the hope of getting some cheaper. Also, due to there only being one oven in the front galley, hot food was taking around 20 minutes to come, them only cooking 4 items at a time.

Incidentally, returning on the same flight in September 2009, after departure from Arrecife we were in the same situation, next to no food available.

A319 MUC to MAN on Friday night, bong as the wheels went up and on came the easyBistro announcement; we were told that due to a busy flight outbound there was no hot food available nor fresh sandwiches. We again had the same announcement on a flight back to Gatwick from Prague.

I recall in the early days people were hesitant in buying the often vastly overpriced onboard offerings and the service would be over in a flash, but nowadays it's rare that they get past a row without someone buying something, has the decision to put a bog in place of half the galley (especially on the A320s serving now much longer routes) now become somewhat impractical?

Am I alone in being unlucky in my quest to secure a bacon baguette... I never have a problem getting me a Ryanair Gourmet hotdog