PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India Near Death Incident
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2010, 15:28
leftseatview

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i smell a rat

this "story" doesnt ring true...at least in as far as the projected consequences of reporting said "incident"
Delhi elevation is 777' and the lowest level that is cleared after Take-Off is 2600'.(ie 1900agl)
Though i drive the bus,i dont beleive the the 777 cant meet this requirement by simple use of the automation.
Assuming the crew made a complete hash of things(and 777 drivrers seem to imply that the A/T would have saved the day even if it was off)their actions can be very easily verified by the DVDR(the CVR would not be the primary source of info)
Air India(and other indian operaters) are audited by IATA, and definatly have a FOCA prog.( 100% DVDR monitering and, definetly preserved if reported)
Both the airline and the regulator(DGCA) have annonomous reporting systems.
There has been no instance of any expat(or Indian national)being harmed as a result of reporting any incident.
This old friend of Jetstars2 sounds rather alarmist...with a rather crude agenda of promoting "manual" vs "automation" in flying as also the "expats" vs "indians" debate.
He might have reason to complain if he reported the matter and was ignored,but not to bother even an anonomous report and use this forum instead dosent exactly project good professionalism