PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Emirates AV College Bad !
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2010, 14:20
flyerSE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D.O.G. has very interesting inputs to this thread. I also think that your chances to get an job in EU, USA or AUS are very very low...

In my opinion you should search for the aviation job in your contry...I really don't know what is the situation in your country but you should try it this way...for example crewing or ramp agent or something similar and wait for the vacancy in the dispatch possition and try it...you have to know first some people from OPS, go for a beer with them etc etc...as somebody mentioned here, sometimes is more important how many contacts do you have and not your knowledge... If the requirements for the dispatch position in that company would be, that you need to be a holder of an licence with those contacts you would know when will be the next hireing on dispatch position and before that you could do the licence which would be required...after that they would interally hire you or in better case they would hire you and send you for the licence on the company costs...

Do you really thing that you will finish some course and without any aviation career or OPS experience you will be hired in any company? most probably not. I will tell you that many companies hire interally and will teach their own people interally and without licence. As far as I know only in US and maybe some few other countries is the licence mandatory thing, which is required by the local CAA... all ower the world you can do the job without licence, practically in whole EU there is no such a regulation...therefore many companies send their dispatchers on some courses after they hire them and teach them their own stuff, but most of the companies don't do that because it is not mandatory...
I started my career on aviation university in my country then company which not longer exist hired me on crewing possition, was working 2 years as crew controller, after that interally hired on flight dispatch possition, after one year of dispatching I have done the ICAO dispatch licence in my country after my company bankrupted.After 9 month search hired in Switzerland as flight dispatcher without knowledge of french language which is spoken in this region.

hawk