PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Market Rate for cabin crew
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2010, 11:27
langtoftlad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
123Breath, I fully respect your right to keep your earnings to yourself - so I'll make an "educated guess" that it's six figures...

I also won't quote an actual figure - but will point out that I earned 12.5% less in 2009/10 than I did in 2006/07... relevance... just your RPI assumptions are incorrect, as is your educated guess of £45k for a Purser 25years... way off.
£85k CSD - fantasy.

Whatever we all earn after many years of employment is not really relevant is it? I don't think anyone disagrees that market rate for any employee is less now than it once was. And comparing salaries negotiated & agreed 25 years ago does not reflect the more realistic "market rate" of post '97 or SFG contracts.
Surely it is only to be expected that employees will do all that they can to protect the T&C's they agreed to? Especially when attacks on those agreements are not emulated by those at the top. Even if those efforts ultimately fail.
BALPA tried to resist Open Skies and will no doubt try to resist the introduction of 'Cruise Pilots'. Why? To protect the earnings of their current membership.