PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - what Master's?
Thread: what Master's?
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2010, 07:10
bala_murali

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question where to draw the line

Hi there Grounded

Wow, my position may not apply to your region, but a masters degree to gain a entry level position in the aviaton industry from my position in north america sounds rediculous.
even with a masters degree the entry ticket seems to very slim . but got to draw the line somewhere right ?

seems to me a career student could do much better in study for a masters degree in many other fields than aviation. The odds are against you in this industry.
By other field do you mean aircraft maintenance engineering ,especially avionics? Why i ask you is.. when i met most people in the aviation industry and spoke to them regarding the MBA in aviation management . The first thing that they asked me what was my undergraduate degree , when i told i bachelors in electrical and electronics almost each and every aviation profession told me that aircraft maintenance engineering would be the way to go in that the suggested me to a masters in avionics .
Is there gono be any demand for avionics engineers in aviation . From what i have heard they maintenance work is dominated by mechanical engineers since only very few avionics engineers are actually needed (Correct me if i am wrong ) .