PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 10th Oct 2010, 01:22
Fatty182

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My experinces

Hey all, I'm coming a bit late to the party, but I too applied for the enroute job (waaaay back in November last year, so it's been a looooong wait ). I completed the online testing on the saturday, can't remember the date, and received a phone call on the Wednesday for the short phone interview.

In the testing, I was mainly concerned with the verbal one, just as I found myself wrestling with logic to get the right answer. I did ok in the practise test so hopefully I did well in the actual test the others were ok, just then checking test got progressively harder and less time, but I think it was designed that way, to see at what point people "fail" as such.

I'm booked in on the 20th at the Brisbane centre, really looking forward to it I had the opportunity to visit the enroute centre in Brisbane and it increased my enthusiasm for the job considerably

To be honest, I haven't heard specifically, but I was given the impression that there wasn't a different course for enroute melbourne and enroute Brisbane, that the paths would diverge after the 12 months in Melbourne, and the city specific training would be the 6 months probation as such. As I said, I have no hard evidence of that, it was just the impression I was given

Good luck to all who have applied, and hopefully see you in Melbourne sometime soon