PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can they sue for the costs involved.
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2010, 00:26
Globaliser
Too mean to buy a long personal title

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Lancelot37
No other flight was suggested as available. No reason was given. My main point is that you pay the price and then they let you down. They and you have entered a contract.

Here are people who will never book with Tiger again and I'm sure that very many of their friends will not do so when they hear about it.

Business is built on reputation and not just price.
Did they even ask Tiger whether they could be reaccommodated on the next flight, or a flight the next day? Or did they just throw a hissy fit and charge off to another airline without asking what the options were?

There are limits to what an airline can do if, for example, an aircraft goes tech. And if you book an airline that only has one or two flights a day, you are going to be at risk of a longer delay if something goes wrong, as it inevitably will from time to time. It might well involve flying the next day.

I wonder how many people book Tiger because of their reputation? It seems to sell on price. The "never book again" threat might be taken more seriously if they'd paid much more to fly Qantas and then been avoidably let down and treated badly.