PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beta blockers and palpitations
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2010, 00:22
nohumbug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey Rob,

Ive been battling the ectopics as well. I had them 10 years ago before i was a pilot and they went away only to reappear about 2 weeks before my last class 1 renewal. (timing is everything ) I had been through an extremely stressful time and my guess is that it was the stress that brought them on again. Anyway , the ecg was flagged as abnornmal; re sinus rhythm and frequent ventricular ectopic beats. I was allowed to continue to fly by the Dame , but it was a anxious month long wait for CASA to send me the letter instructing me to see a cardio. This time with the career on the line they only worsened.
The cardio was ok with my echo and stress ecg and didnt bother with the holter. The paper work is still on the snail train at CASA , so my fate is still undecided, the wait only making it worse.
However, i have recently found a couple of breathing and relaxation exercises which i purchased on line. Being a skeptic i wasnt exactly confident that they would help, but they are. Even if its just placebo or because im taking some control of the situation, they are helping.

I would be happy to pass them onto a fellow pilot (free of course) with a problem i well understand.

pm me if youre interested or you just want to talk about it.