PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aero Engineering Degrees / University pilot courses (Merged)
Old 9th Oct 2010, 20:26
Genghis the Engineer

Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by 'India-Mike
I was interviewed - by Dr Arthur Babister no less.

I first suggested many years ago, and have on occassion since then, that we ought to re-introduce interviews. But apparently there are too many applicants; a number of us volunteered to do the interviewing, but still the answer was no.

You reap what you sow....hopefully it'll all be over for me soon and I won't have to bother any more
Either this means you're hoping to do so well out of a certain project that it'll buy you out of teaching, or you're off to start island hopping for Loganair? (Either way, I hope you'll still be available to torture/examine the occasional PhD student for me ).

At a certain establishment, I succeeded in forcing through mandatory interviews for students doing the combined flying degree - partly on grounds of the extra fees they'd be paying, and partly on grounds of knowing how important it was to be sure that the students would be pretty darned dedicated on such a course.

I was certainly interviewed back when, I think by the good Prof Robin A East (now there's a set of initials to conjur with).

G