PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NASAIR Info (threads merged) - all you need to know about them
Old 8th Oct 2010, 05:44
FlyingOrange

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Saudi Sky,

I thought that I too would join in this debate and add my thoughts to your it.

I agree at NAS we are all qualified pilots, .... BUT there is a massive difference in what level they are at. The management restricted pilots to certain destinations due to this; As a classic example I have asked many FO’s what are the basic limits for the anti-ice and they cannot give me the answer! In the monsoon many do not even understand what the weather radar is telling them and how to interpret it. May I remind you that it was not that long ago when 2 Saudi Capt flying together had a double bleed failure brought on by their lack of knowledge of OEB’s and the aircraft systems. How can you expect these pilots to SAFELY fly in these conditions.

You say we are only in Saudi because were not paying Tax. ... You are correct that many of us do not pay Tax, but if you actually read different countries agreement some do. I must remind you that you as a Saudi do not pay Tax either so your argument is somewhat dumbfounded and very one sided. Many ex Saudia Capts are here only for money as they receive a pension from Saudia and their NAS salary, so maybe they are also here for money and not just the love of NAS as you portray.

You racist comment about complaining about Muslims and Religion I found quite outstanding. In my country we will have places of worship for Catholic’s, Jews, Muslims and whatever religion you wish next to each other the same street, I do not see any of that in Saudi. We do not fly past the Sate of Israel sticking our fingers up and gesticulting at them every time we fly to Beirut, unlike some.
We all came to Saudi open minded and I have the greatest respect for the Muslim religion, but then I don’t understand why the bridge to Bahrain is full every Wednesday evening. Every religion has those at different ends of its specrum and we respect that.

As for sick time, I think you’ll find (until recently) Flying Ginger was on a contract where it did not matter how many or few hours he flew. He turned up for work everytime, on time and did not do sick out of Professionalism and with respect for his work colleagues who he knew would have to cover his duties at short notice if he did not. You attitude that he is mad is not really one of the ‘company man’ you portray. Taking ‘sick days’ whenever you feel like it not only is totally unprofessional, shows complete lack of respect for your colleagues but is something that should be weeded out of the company.

We have some at NAS that think this is a Private Flying club, turning up whenever they want (quite often after the passengers), but you know they are coming at you can hear their spurs clanging on their suede booties. On with their glove(s) and away we go. !!

This company is not Saudia, cannot afford to lose millions of SAR every quarter, we are a commercial company and if we can’t make money we lose our jobs, expats & Saudi’s.

And then of course there are may Professional Pilots, of which NAS has many expat & Saudi alike,

BUT your are not one of them!