PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - what are the degrees you can take to be an airline pilot
Old 7th Oct 2010, 15:29
AVIATION-TRAFFORD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aviation courses - Manchester England

Hi,
Trafford College Course leaflet do indeed state that students may progress to HE with a pilot pathway.it is only right that the individual learners are offered choices.

Further Education serves students post 16 and many parents feel that at 17 their 'child' would not ready for such a huge step. It is afterall a huge responsibilty. However I reiterate that students from the Aviation studies programme at Trafford College have progressed directly to commercial flying school without going to University,passed and gained a commercial pilot licences. Both by the integrated and the modular method.

So i stand by what I say - you don't need a degree, you don't need to spend all that money and four years at Uni - unless you want to. You don't need to study A levle Maths and Science. You just need a bespoke Aviation course that is run by occupationally competent staff to help you get you into a good flying school.