PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - what Master's?
Thread: what Master's?
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2010, 13:57
bala_murali

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Msc or MBA –for nil aviation experience

Would like to know what is the difference between Msc in Air Transport management and MBA in aviation management?
I have got a offer letter from Griffith university in Australia for MBA in aviation management( Griffith University | Graduate Certificate in Aviation Management - Nathan )
and Buckinghamshire new university in UK for Msc in air transport management for this January batch?(Air Transport Management )

I have done my bachelors degree in electrical and electronics and have worked in dell computers for 2 years as a senior hardware technical support executive. 60 percent of the people have told me that doing these masters degree in a waste of time and the rest 40 % told me that I is a very good way to enter the industry, especially for a person with no aviation experience like me .
From what I come to know, nothing in aviation is 100 % sure. So I am willing to take the chance. Flight operation is what I am mainly interested in! But yes if I don’t get through that I can work in other field also .I take these master degrees as an entry ticket to the aviation industry.
So guys I would like your views on both of the MBA and MSc . If anybody body has finished the above programs from these colleges let me know your feedbacks regarding the university also .It will really help me make a good decision. Thanks a million for your time