PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates MBA in Aviation Management
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2010, 13:18
bala_murali

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Msc or MBA –for nil aviation experience

Hi there guys
Would like to know what is the difference between Msc in Air Transport management and MBA in aviation management?
I have got a offer letter from Griffith university in Australia for MBA in aviation management( Griffith University | Graduate Certificate in Aviation Management - Nathan )
and Buckinghamshire new university in UK for Msc in air transport management for this January batch?(Air Transport Management )

I have done my bachelors degree in electrical and electronics and have worked in dell computers for 2 years as a senior hardware technical support executive. 60 percent of the people have told me that doing these masters degree in a waste of time and the rest 40 % told me that I is a very good way to enter the industry, especially for a person with no aviation experience like me .
From what I come to know, nothing in aviation is 100 % sure. So I am willing to take the chance. Flight operation is what I am mainly interested in! But yes if I don’t get through that I can work in other field also .I take these master degrees as an entry ticket to the aviation industry.
So guys I would like your views on both of the MBA and MSc . If anybody body has finished the above programs from these colleges let me know your feedbacks regarding the university also .It will really help me make a good decision. Thanks a million for your time