PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any recruitment likely at Easy?
View Single Post
Old 7th Oct 2010, 00:33
PitchPitch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Currently, there are approximately 150 CTC graduates who are ready for Type ratings and being with CTC myself in the final 4 months, I've heard a lot of positive things - for us of course...

Looks like the TRs will be done so eJ will have around 50-100 TR'ed cadets by Feb/Mar 2011, depending on how many more they continue to offer jobs to!

Also, answering your question on 'how do they find the money?' - these cadets have either had a BBVA loan tied down on their parent's mortgage, had their parents remortgage their property or have had the money through life insurance payout etc. Please don't assume they are all rich kids - most of them come from quite modest families that have really put themselves out for their sons or daughters to pursue a career they've always dreamed of...

Cost of training is now in the £75,000 (+£living) mark with another £8-10k for the easyJet TR.

Oh yes... one more thing - I'm so glad the experienced pilot community is so welcoming to the new recruits - I get a somewhat hostile attitude from some of the posts here - It's not our fault we chose a viable training provider who seems to be offering the best chance of getting us into the RHS in the shortest time - Can you hardly blame us? If you have a better idea, please do share!!

SJ