PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow academy
Thread: Bristow academy
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2010, 22:32
muermel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Used cars

I can't confirm the former statement. Sure, Island Motors isn't the cheapest place to buy a car. But at least you usually get 30 days of warranty. And if you bargain a bit you sure don't pay the full price.
Had my fan and AC unit replaced, brake discs, parking brake adjusted again and engine check light fixed for free 3 weeks after purchase for a fair price. I was even offered to take a car from the dealership for free for the time my car was being repaired.

I shopped around for cars at other dealerships and private sellers but they are even worse. I test drove 5 Jeeps, no car was in reasonable shape for the advertised prices and none of the dealers or private sellers was willing to agree to a reduction in price cause of the many faults the cars had.

Buying a car here IS a gamble because their is no mandatory checks on the safety and/or condition of your car like in many EU-contries so I was happy to have at least 30 days of warranty.

I bargained a bit with Tony and got a good price. I checked on the web for a comparable car but didn't find anything in range. So I'm quite happy with my car as are all of my classmates. We all agree that it isn't the cheapest place though.

Good idea is to start looking for a car on the web before you arrive here. Choose 2 or 3 specific models and look on the web for offers once in a while. You will get a good idea what is an ok price and what isn't.

Greetings