PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2002, 19:19
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone,
OK let's try and catch up.....

212 - I took the negligence terms and definition from the slides presented to the Lords Select Committee. Obviously what the Air Marshals used in order to help them reach their decision.

Ark - I remember your first post. And my somewhat curt reply

Beags - Your letter has the typical 'cut and paste' opener. This surely proves that the Ministers are simply repeating what is put to them by the MoD. Further proof that it is they who are calling the shots and not the elected Members. If you do write back pointing out his contradictions, ask if he is comfortable being told what to do by the unelected.

Oh I See - I think the record is stuck!

Millhampost - I'll see what I can do. If I can get it, I'll post. I seem to recall that Minister Hoon stated twice that it would be made available, so I don't see a problem.

03066 - Good recovery on your last sentence! That's the whole point of the campaign. There is a lack of hard evidence. Therefore the verdict can't stand.

Yetti - Mr Wratten was a fast jet driver. I just wonder if he was thinking through the process in that capacity, rather than rotory. I don't know.

I wasn't going to mention it as it sounds too much like the old 'blowing one's own trumpet'. But....... Flyer magazine kindly printed an article for me in their latest edition - My thanks to Ian Seager and his team.

What Ian has offered to do is send a copy of the magazine to every MP that has taken the trouble to sign the EDM, and to Ministers Blair and Hoon. (They got a free 'Irritating Sod' business card too )

As a result of the article, I have recieved a number of new enquiries / support / comments.

So, not a trumpet blowing exercise, but a public thank you to all at Flyer.

Hope that's in order.

Keep going folks. They must know by now that we're not going away!!!

Regards as always
Brian
"Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook