PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA threat to operation of N Reg Aircraft
Old 6th Oct 2010, 18:41
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AN2

All in all I believe this issue will make or brake GA for Europe. If EASA get's their way with this, they will put tens of thousands of people out of work, factually destroy their livelihoods and render their planes worthless. This in return will mean a meltdown in prices of the said planes but at the same time take away a huge amount of work from maintenance organisations with FAA approval and render these people jobless. That might well mean that prices for the remaining EU registered fleet may go up as well. And it will prove that EASA can get away with everything. Not a good perspective

I have spoken with a Barrister today and although aviation is not his area he did confirm what I believed to be the case.

That is there are European Laws which would be breached by some of these proposals and EASA would be sued for losses in his opinion successfully for £millions.

AOPA mentioned that in their article so all is not lost
The problem is we all voice opinions me included as fact while none of us are lawyers.

True to form EASA are coming over as bumbling idiots something they were nearly disbanded for doing before. Their job was not to reinvent the wheel.

Pace