PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA threat to operation of N Reg Aircraft
Old 6th Oct 2010, 16:15
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SoCal

So what are you trying to say?
On an annual basis I purchase airline tickets to the USA, then rent cars pay hotels, pay 1500$ to an FAA examiner rent time on a sim or sometimes on an aircraft.

I spend 1000s of dollars every year renewing my FAA type rating. If I was stopped flying FAA then that would stop. There are many ATPs like me some who spend even more at places like flight safety.

If thousands of aircraft are no longer useable in Europe they will flood the market depreciating prices.

Joe Bloggs who has an order for a shiny new all singing dancing cirrus thats turbocharged to fly in the high teens wont bother buying it to trundle along VFR at 2 K.

My owners spend Millions $s on their jets, parts and maintenance often goes into 100,000s of $s annually

So what are you trying to say that it is OK for EASA to ban N reg in Europe although the pilots are fully qualified to fly those aircraft by insisting they hold licences which have no relevance to the aircraft flown!

But this isnt the point. I flew as a Captain on a Citation S2 35 hrs flight time over the USA, Canada, Iceland, Europe, Africa to S Africa my licences are accepted everywhere as they should be.

Flying should know NO boundaries. We should all be licenced to fly safely to a standard acceptable everywhere.

To be told your ATP and experience is worth NOTHING by EASA to be told start from scratch as an idiot is a JOKE and stinks. Its all wrong!

To be told you are fully licenced but must hold equivalent EASA licences which would be illegal if used on that N reg is mad.

To be told you must find £1000s and £1000s to get those unneeded licences out of your own pocket is madder.

To be told you will loose your position on the jets you fly because no one will wait while your away for months is INSANE

these would have to be significantly "easy" because few "older" working bizjet CPL/IRs/ATPs will be willing or able to sit the 14 exams.)
10540 will you please refrain from referring to me in this forum much easier please like 1 exam in large size print and preferably 10 years to do it

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 6th Oct 2010 at 16:42.