PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Antiskid INOP on B737NG
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2010, 15:46
Northbeach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A question I can answer.................maybe.

Cmcjma,

In the abnormal section of my NG (737-800W-SFP) Performance Handbook (For our company a flap 15 landing is an abnormal procedure although other carriers use flap 15 routinely.) I am given table labeled “Flap 15 Landing Runway Weight Limit (cfm56-726) Antiskid Operative". I enter this table with landing distance available and a pressure altitude. The table then provides me with a landing weight for both dry and wet runway conditions.

For example given an 8,000’ dry runway and a pressure altitude of 1,000’ I have a flap 15 landing weight limit of 186,100 lbs (above my maximum certified takeoff weight)

Also in the abnormal section of my Performance Handbook I have a table entitled “Flaps 15 Landing Weight Limit Adjustment Antiskid Inoperative (includes Auto-Spoiler INOPT)” Given the landing distance available and a pressure altitude the table provides weight penalties for both wet and dry runways. The penalty would be then applied to Flaps 15 landing distance data derived from the previously mentioned table.

For example given the same 8,000’ dry runway and a pressure altitude of 1,000 I have a penalty of (93.9).

Zero wind flap 15 landing weight for the given conditions is: 186.100 lbs.
My penalty for antiskid inoperative is: 93,900 lbs.
My zero wind flap 15 antiskid inoperative landing weight limit for the conditions becomes 92,200 lbs. {186,100 - 93,900 = 92,200}

Given an 11,000’ sea level wet runway the numbers look like this.
190.0 (71.6) = 118,400 lbs flap 15 antiskid inoperative landing weight.

So, I can dispatch with antiskid inoperative with the limitation to land flaps 40. However when I get airborne I lose an engine. Now I am forced into a flap 15 landing and my antiskid system is MEL’d inoperative. I go into my abnormal section of my NG Performance Handbook and look at two separate charts. The first chart gives me flap 15 landing data, the second chart gives me a penalty for antiskid inoperative (and auto spoiler inoperative), and I combine the two and come up with a landing weight for the conditions I am faced with.

I hope I have correctly understood your question and the above information is of some use to you.

Respectfully,

Northbeach

Last edited by Northbeach; 7th Oct 2010 at 17:36.