PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA threat to operation of N Reg Aircraft
Old 6th Oct 2010, 15:19
IO540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, yes, the thing I would put money on (if I had to put money on something) is

(1) a complete (or de facto, with the politically mandatory face saving procedures) meltdown of the anti FRA proposals, or

(2) a compromise, which could be easy transitional procedures for converting ICAO papers to EASA papers (but these would have to be significantly "easy" because few "older" working bizjet CPL/IRs/ATPs will be willing or able to sit the 14 exams.)

I totally do not buy the occassionally posted assertions of how easy the 14 exams are, because all those who have said they are easy (and who are known to me) are either very bright individuals with an amazing ability to absorb and memorise tons of crap, or de facto unemployed people, or in some cases both!

Today's amazing IMC Rating concession shows what can be done if enough fuss is made. But it could not have been the result of just the one meeting (today) no matter how much noise was made there. The outcome was prob99 decided elsewhere, having seen how much ***t was aiming at the fan, and presented at the meeting.

Last edited by IO540; 6th Oct 2010 at 15:33.